Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tips Towards Better Fitness 4 Gr8 Football

A sharing by kh

Guys,
I don't profess to be a fitness guru but I think I can share a couple of time-effective fitness regime to ramp up your fitness. We are aged folks, I'm not asking everyone to be Speedy Gonzalez but really, at least get some decent fitness. Whilst some of you may counter-argue that we're just playing social, weekend games and that we need not take it so seriously, I would suggest that you think wider for the team and for the betterment of the team. Football is after all a team game. Minimally, don't be a liability to the team. If you are think of strolling on the pitch, your play time will have no choice but to be reduced. Besides, an improved fitness also benefits you as it reduces injuries and helps you enjoy the game better.

1. For those staying on high-floor
Walk up the stairs to your apartment twice a week, 2 steps of stairs at a time.
Start with brisk walk, then progress to slow jog.

2. For those who have convenient access to treadmill.
Running on treadmill is boring and if you jog, you need to jog minimally 30 min to get some fitness. I have a quick 10-minutes regime:
a. 1st minute: Start with brisk walk on speed 6km/h at 6% gradient for minute.
b. 2nd minute: Brisk walk at speed 6km/h at 8% gradient for 1 minute.
c. 3rd minute: Brisk walk at speed 6km/h at 10% gradient for 1 minute.
d. 4th minute: Brisk walk at speed 7km/h at 10% gradient for 1 minute.
e. 5th minute: Brisk walk at speed 7km/h at 12% gradient for 1 minute.
f. 6th-10th minutes: Slow jog at speed 8km/h at 12% gradient for 5 minutes
You will be thoroughly drenched at end of this 10 minutes workout. This is better than 30 minutes slow jog!

Do it twice a week. You will see the difference after 2 weeks!

I admit I lost my pace, I haven't been able to do my past regime of starting at 10km/h and increasing by 1km/h after 3 minutes to complete a 21-minutes run, reaching the final speed at 16km/h. Those were the days... but I'm trying to get it back.

No comments: